Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

So I found the fixing of my problem myself. There are these files in the ~/.local/share/applications/ directory called mimeapps.list and mimeinfo.cache.

While mimeapps.list was assigning the correct application for the jpeg, png, gif types, mimeinfo.cache (which I suspect Wine for creating it) assigned the same extensions to its Internet Explorer. So I removed those lines. I could as well delete the whole file. Right after that, I tried opening an image and voilĂ ! Ristretto Image Viewer, the one which is supposed to be the default, opened the image.