Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

Turned out the problem was that lvm was disabled via the kernel command line. I don't know why the upgrade process disabled it/did not handle my setup correctly.

Here's how I figured it out:

I checked the logs ("journalctl") and noticed a line like this "dract-cmdline: rd.lvm=0: removing LVM activation". In /etc/grub2/grub.cfg I saw that "rd.lvm=0" was set and that setting probably came from /etc/default/grub ("GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=...").

So I modified the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX to use "rd.lvm=1", ran "grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg" and rebooted. Problem solved.

Btw: If you're upgrading I advise also to read the grub2 page in the Fedora wiki (can't post links here currently due to missing karma).